The NoteMachine Service Centre is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to answer any questions or queries you may have. But the answer you’re looking for might already be covered here. Have a look through our frequently asked questions or, if you have a self-fill ATM, watch our useful videos.
We’re here to support you:
Self-help videos and FAQs to give you the answers you need
Struggling to use one of our NoteMachine ATMs?
Some help and advice to help you access your cash
Our ATMs are very technologically advanced and we work very hard to keep them up and running and serviced properly. However, if you’re having an issue while trying to access cash from a NoteMachine ATM we will do all we can to help you as quickly as possible. Please read on to see how to deal with any issues.
What should I do if the ATM captures my card?
All captured cards are securely destroyed as per the card scheme requirements and we’re very sorry to say that neither NoteMachine or the retailer who has the ATM are able to return your card. So you should immediately contact your card issuer to inform them of the situation, to cancel your card and then request a replacement.
What should I do if the cash I requested didn’t match what I received, or if the ATM didn’t give me any money but my account has been debited?
Normally an ATM will send a signal to correct any error automatically. But please be aware that for UK account holders it can take up to 1hr for this to show as reversed, and it will often take a lot longer for information to update online banking apps.
If the discrepancy has not been reversed after 24hrs please contact your card provider who can help you set up an ATM Transaction Dispute and will then investigate the claim for you.
If you have a UK bank, you can call us on 0800 068 9368 and we can transfer you to your bank.
Forgetting to take your money from the ATM:
Is there anything I can do if I forgot to take my money from the ATM?
It’s so easy to get distracted and forget to take your money. If this has happened to you, there are two options.
- If you saw the money being retracted back into the cash machine, then contact your bank to make a claim. If you have a UK bank, you can call us on 0800 068 9368 and we can transfer you to your bank.
- If you don’t know whether the money was retracted back into the machine, contact us to check your recent transactions. You can do this by calling 0800 068 9368 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to provide the location of ATM (site name & postcode as minimum), the approximate date & time of the transaction, the amount asked for, and the last four digits of the long card number.
I’ve raised a claim with my bank for an ATM discrepancy, how can I find out what its current status is?
You should contact your bank directly for an update on the current status of claims you have made.
For your information, NoteMachine are governed by LINK who set the rules for all ATM operators. The overview below briefly details the process we have to follow.
- All shortages need to be reported to the Bank so they can raise it on their system.
- LINK take the money from us the next working day after the claim has been raised.
- We have 14 days to prove the transaction was not faulty by showing that there was no machine error, no cash surplus and that the transaction exists on the journal entry.
What should I do if I suspect that there is fraudulent device fitted to an ATM?
We take reports on this nature very seriously, and really appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your concerns.
Please contact us by freephone on 0800 068 9368 or by email email@example.com. You will need to provide details of your concerns and the location of the ATM (site name & postcode as minimum). You can also upload a picture.
* To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record phone calls.